Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: What would a Felicity's era wedding dress look like

  1. #11
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, Cherry!

    I'll let you know if I find the kimono. I have begun my hunt for this fabric.

    Nann

  2. #12
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Felicity's World book right here. I'll tell you what it says in it.

    SPECIAL COLORS
    Yellow was the most popular color for a wedding dress in the early 1700's. It was often mixed with blue wich symbolizes constancy, or loyalty.

    AN ELEGANT CEREMONY
    By the late 1700's white, which symbolizes purity and goodness, was becoming popular for weddings. (it has a painting of a wedding) This formal wedding portrait shows the bride in white and the bridwsmate in blue.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yellow was the most popular color for a wedding dress in the early 1700's. It was often mixed with blue wich symbolizes constancy, or loyalty.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And then just a hundred years later the color yellow meant infidelity and no woman would be caught dead wearing it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •